Another Project Homeless Connect has been completed and the results are amazing!
On-site Services: 2,154 connections
- 988 people received a voucher for a free state ID or a birth certificate.
- 482 people received a free haircut.
- 272 people received a free package of pet food.
- 100 people signed up for a free voicemail account.
- 92 people received a basic needs pack.
- 83 families received a free professional photo.
- 37 children received on-site childcare.
Employment Services: 1,648 connections
- 876 people received information or referral.
- 241 people received employment counseling.
- 192 people enrolled in job training.
- 105 people received assistance with their resume.
- 100 people received job search assistance.
- 50 people completed a job application.
- 44 people made a follow-up appointment.
- 30 people set up free email addresses.
- 20 people received employment assistance grants.
Housing Services: 1,473 connections
- 846 people received housing search assistance.
- 512 people received housing information and referrals.
- 60 people were placed on housing waiting lists.
- 36 people completed housing applications.
- 31 people made a follow-up appointment.
Health Care Services: 1,135 connections
- 859 people received information or referrals.
- 163 people received harm reduction counseling.
- 76 people received a mental health assessment.
- 20 people received health care counseling.
- 16 people made a follow-up appointment.
Medical: 1,400 connections
- 317 people received dental exams.
- 206 were screened for Diabetes and/or Hypertension.
- 210 reading glasses were distributed.
- 142 people received dental treatments, including 106 who had teeth extracted.
- 76people received free prescription eyeglasses.
- 70 people received chiropractic services.
- 69 people received flu shots.
- 55 people received an eye exam.
- 53 people received foot care.
- 52 people had a medical visit with a nurse.
- 50 children received a Child and Teen check-up.
- 33 people received medication counseling from a Pharmacist.
- 20 people were screened for skin cancer.
- 16 women were screened for breast cancer.
- 16 people who had teeth pulled were provided with medications .
- 9 people’s eye glasses were adjusted or repaired.
- 6 people made a follow-up appointment.
Community Resources: 759 connections
- 568 people received information and referrals.
- 124 people received counseling.
- 67 people made a follow-up appointment.
Youth Services: 424 connections
- 375 youth received information or referrals.
- 24 youth made a follow-up appointment.
- 14 youth received counseling.
- 10 youth enrolled in job training.
- 1 youth completed a housing application.
Legal Services: 285 connections
- 78 people saw a lawyer regarding civil law.
- 75 people saw a lawyer regarding criminal law.
- 54 people received legal assistance with obtaining their birth certificates.
- 51 people saw a lawyer regarding family law.
- 27people saw a lawyer regarding housing law.
Benefits: 369 connections
- 158 people received help with financial assistance, health care, or food stamp applications.
- 150 people received help with Social Security benefits applications.
- 37 people made a follow-up appointment.
- 24 people received information or referral.
Education: 284 connections
- 180 people received information or referral.
- 73 people received information on GED assistance.
- 2 children were enrolled in school.
- 1 person received financial assistance counseling.
Veterans Services: 177 connections
- 114 vets received help with veterans’ benefits.
- 46 vets received information or referral.
- 12 vets received counseling.
- 5 vets made a follow-up appointment.
Parenting Resources: 172 connections
- 45 people received information or referral.
- 33 families received parent counseling.
- 33 families completed an application for Head Start.
- 11 people made a follow-up appointment.
The next one is in May. I highly recommend it to anyone who can make it.