I started writing “The Fourth State” in 2003. Ten years to write a novel? Actually I wrote and published two and almost finished a third during that same time. I didn’t try to publish the”new” one because I thought it might be too extreme; it is supposed to be fiction, not fantasy. But the way technology has changed our society in the last few years made me decide to publish it before it became fact and ruined my fiction.
I recently saw the results of an interesting poll:
• 14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the crack cocaine epidemic in America’s inner cities in the 1980s.
• 9% of voters think the government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons (not just dental health).
• 15% of voters say the government or the media adds mind-controlling technology to TV broadcast signals.
• 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons.
• 15% of voters think the medical industry and the pharmaceutical industry “invent” new diseases to make money.
• 4% of voters say they believe shape-shifting “lizard people” control our world by taking on human form and gaining political power.
• 11% of voters believe the US government allowed 9/11 to happen (78% do not agree).
With that many people willing to believe that the government is out to get them combined with the power of the internet to spread messages instantly, wild changes can occur in very short time frames.
I hope my story remains fiction forever but…
Click on “My books” tab above and order it from Amazon or Smashwords.